Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Scars of a Chef by Rick Tramonto with Lisa Jackson

This book is the autobiography of celebrity chef, Rick Tramonto. Tramonto takes the reader from his early childhood through his latest venture. Tramonto is transparant and honest, a real inside look of how a high school dropout was determined to succeed. This includes episodes of Tramonto's life that are not flattering - brutal honesty about his dark moods and drug use. Tramonto describes a few encounters with God, but shares his ultimate conversion that changed his life. After years of only knowing how to rely on himself, Tramonto lets go and places his trust in God.

This book isn't what I thought it was going to be about. Coming from a tough childhood and with a determination to succeed, I thought it would be inspiring and focus more on the how the author realized that God had been working in his life all along. It mostly details the author's turbulent life. I like that the ending truly demonstrates how you should really live your life and define yourself. God is to come first. No matter what - always place your trust in God. I wish there was more of that in the book, however. I didn't like the book very well, and I wouldn't recommend it.

Tyndale House Publishers sent me a complimentary copy of this book for me to review. This in no way influenced my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment