This book falls in the category of self help. It covers many ways to improve every aspect of your life. It is also based on Biblical principles, citing supporting verses from the Bible.
Dr. Phil, watch out! Mike Flynt has put together a different type of self help book - one that not only encourages, but cheers you on! The authors uses metaphors and real life examples, not only his own, but of famous people. This by far is not the typical self help book and I believe it is better! Much better.
I had a hard time putting it down. It all made so much sense and is so easy to grasp the various concepts. The author also makes it seem like a piece of cake to implement changes in your life, which is encouraging.
The chapters are:
1. Power Base: Play to your Strengths
2. Basics: Master the Essentials
3. Mindscape: Cultivate a Winning Attitude
4. Visualization: See What Can Be
5. Belief: Defy the Skeptics
6. Commitment: Move Forward Relentlessly
7. Team: Know Who You Play For
8. Identification: Fly Your Flag
9. Adversity: Turn Your Difficulties to Your Advantage
10. Compassion: Practice Radical Mercy
11. Time: Maximize Your Moments
12. Body: Sow in Health, Reap longer life
The author writes the book as if it were a Pep Rally! It can't get any more encouraging and motivating! This is by far the best self help book I have read. Anyone can benefit from this book - even if you don't think you need to make any self improvements, you will find this book highly useful and enlightening! I highly recommend it to EVERYONE!
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from Thomas Nelson Publishers as part of their BookSneeze.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”